Journal

More Hull Preparation:  Today's activity was much the same as yesterday's, although it started off with somewhat of a panic.  While making preparations to mix up the epoxy glue and thickener, I discovered that I had thrown out my small spreader with the yesterday's trash!  I made a mad dash to the alley and after a few minutes of dumpster diving was able to retrieve my spreader.  Whew!

Buttering on more glue for the rest of the keel fillet.

Smoothing the fillet with the retrieved spreader.

The keel with finished fillet.

I'll let the keel fillet cure for a week or so before sanding and fairing.  In the mean time I should be able to sand the chines and fill the rest of the knot holes.

Back ] Next ]

Journal ] Past Boats ] Favorite Tools ] My Shop ] Wooden Boat School ] Side Trips ] Contact Me ] Other Builders ]